Tuesday, October 7, 2008

General Conference

I thought it was so nice to hear from our prophet and leaders at this time. Sometimes life just gets a little hard. I think I was getting caught up in the problems that are facing our country and I was worried and wondering where it would all lead. After listening to conference I feel so much better. In the first talk, President Monson reminded us that Heavenly Father is aware of us and our needs. Some of my other highlights were:
-L. Tom Perry- "The best is yet to come"
-Neil Anderson- "You don't know everything, but you know enough"
-I loved President Uchtdorf's talk on hope. "Faith is greater than fear, hope is greater than despair". We don't need to fear. Have Faith, Hope and Charity.
-Joseph B. Wirthlin-"Come what may and love it". During hard times we need to learn to laugh, seek for the eternal, and put our trust in Heavenly Father. His story about his daughter thinking her blind date was picking her up but really it was someone picking her sister up to babysit. So funny!
-President Eyring talk on unity. Be humble and don't judge other unnecessarily.
-Elder Hales talk on having Christian Courage. It made so much sense!
-I loved how Sister Dalton started her talk saying, "I can do hard things." That is one of my most favorite sayings. And then she said, "In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things."
-President Monson-"Find joy in the journey, Now!"
I love Conference weekend. I tried hard the week before to really prepare for it and I feel so grateful to have learned so much. I hope all of these great messages will stay with me and help me to become better. That is what we all want. Right?

1 comments:

Missy said...

I loved conference! I too was feeling nervous and worried about what is going on around us, and after conference felt so much better about things. We just have to hang in there. The best is yet to come!