Friday, December 12, 2008

Field Trips

Joey and Nicole both had field trips in December. Joey was nervous about going without me so I came along as a chaperon on his trip to the Wildlife World Zoo. We had such a fun time. This is a great zoo. I like it so much better than the Phoenix Zoo. It is a lot smaller, so not as much walking and you see way more animals here. They have a place to feed the giraffes. Here is Joey with one.






I love how long their tongues are.




I don't remember what he was looking at here, but it must have been amazing!




My group of kids to keep up with. Not an easy thing. I am glad I wore my running shoes.




My favorite animal we saw was this baby monkey. He was only six months old and was the cutest thing. The kids wanted to stay and look at him for the longest time.



We also liked these baby deer. They were all over the place.




You can take a train ride and they take you right up to the animals. They just wander all around you.




I had a fun time with Joey at the zoo. It was a little far but so worth it. Hopefully we can go back soon with the whole family. They just opened an aquarium that is supposed to be huge. Can't wait to go back.




Since I went on Joey's field trip Nicole wanted me to go on hers. It was really hard figuring out sitters for my little ones but I am glad I got to spend time with my big kids. Her class went to a mining town out by the Superstition Mountains. I don't remember the name but I was a fun place to go and see what a real mining town would have been like. Her class just finished studying Arizona history and so they got to go and learn hands on. We even got to pan for gold!




Nicole picking out the gold, fool's gold and garnet. She got to bring it home in a little jar. All the kids thought they were rich.




We went down into the mine where it was pitch black.




They have a main street that has shops and a church, jail and courthouse. I'm not sure what this is for but the kids thought it was fun.







I love spending time with my kids and it love seeing them with their friends from school. I am glad they were so happy to have me come along with them. I better take advantage of it now while I can. They are growing up so fast.




0 comments: