Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School Elections

Nicole came to me a week ago and said she was going to run for student council at her school. The fourth graders can run for class representatives. I was happy that she wanted to try this, especially because I was always too afraid to do anything like this when I was growing up. But one thing I have learned about Nicole is that she is not afraid to try anything. I was having such a crazy week last week and told her she would just have to do the best she could on her own. She let me know on Sunday during church that she need to have her posters ready for school the next day. Ahhhh! So her whole campaign was just thrown together. But that is okay because she was happy with it.

Nicole standing by her poster at school!
Vote for me please!
All the 4th graders that were running for representative.



Nicole giving her speech at the school asembly. She did so great. I didn't help her with it at all and she was awesome!!

Nicole was so nervous all weekend waiting to find out who won. I was really nervous for her too. I picked her up from school yesterday and when I saw her she had a huge smile on her face. She opened the car door and I heard all the kids saying, "Congratulations Nicole!"
She won! Yea! She is so excited and wants to do her best. I know she will do great. She is already talking about when she can run for school president.


0 comments: