Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So much catching up...

We have a friend that lives in our new neighborhood and I got an email that other day saying that big things were happening at our new home. It is getting close to the finish, we have paint and....
We have cabinets! They are all dusty and were just installed so they still have some more work to do on them but this was exciting to see this week. We also found a renter for our home we are in now. That is such a huge blessing and relief. I wish we could have sold our house but it didn't seem possible right now. I am just happy things seem to be coming together.

Spring Break Fun


Our Spring break was pretty low key. We didn't do a lot but that is how I wanted it. One afternoon Geoff came home early and we took the kids to the Phoenix Childrens Museum. It was so fun. The whole museum is all about play. My kids loved it. We will have to go back soon. I took a ton of pictures but hardley any of them turned out. I have been playing around with my camera a lot and was trying out the manuel mode. Maybe I am not ready for that yet.
















We rode the light rail to Phoenix to go to the museum. It was an adventure. My kids were excited to ride the "train". They thought it was fun for about 5 minutes and then kept asking the usual, "are we almost there"? I was surprised how packed it was. There were so may people on it. It was so hot and it took about 50 minutes to get downtown. The way back wasn't as crowded and didn't take as long. At least we can say we have been on the light rail. But I think we will be driving around from now on.


Nicole looks very happy to be riding the rail.

I felt bad for the people around us. My kids were not being quiet. But it was a fun day.



Pinewood Derby
Joey had his first pinewood derby race this week. His car was a police car. We learned a lot about making and racing the cars. Hopefully that will help us next year.

He also earned his bobcat that night. He got a blue paw print from the bobcat on his cheek.

He had fun racing his friends. His wheel did fall off on the first race and I thought we would see some tears but luckily one of the moms there had some super glue and we didn't have any problems after that.

He raced his friend Sevey.

He did win one race and that was exciting.
This is what Maddie was doing during the races. Not exciting enough for her. It was past her bedtime.



Katie had fun because her best friend McCray was there. They loved the doughnuts that were served.

1 comments:

Missy said...

That's great that you found some renters. When will you guys be moving?